Wednesday, April 4, 2007

SACHIN TALKS ABOUT INDIAN COACH

The spat between coach Greg Chappell and senior players in the Indian cricket team has taken a dramatic turn.
After media reports which claimed that Chappell was not happy with the World Cup squad and his accusation that some senior players were acting like a mafia, comes another sensational news that Sachin Tendulkar has slammed the coach for questioning his attitude towards the game and the team.
In an article in national daily The Times of India Tendulkar has been quoted as saying that he was shattered and hurt by the coach questioning his attitude.
The Times of India has quoted Tendulkar as saying: "I've given my heart and soul to Indian cricket for 17 years. No coach has ever mentioned, even in passing, that my attitude was not correct. Cricket has been my life. I am shattered beyond words and I feel helpless. I've never felt so bad in my entire career. World Cup was our passion, our collective dream. Tell me, even as the world goes on talking about our defeat at the World Cup, has anyone spared a thought to ask what we are going through?"
For over 17 years, Tendulkar's confrontations with the best bowlers in the world have been the stuff legends are made of.
But with the World Cup debacle, this is one confrontation that the Little Master had so carefully avoided all these years but just couldn't anymore.

No comments: